Tuesday, May 24, 2011

First Ride in Madrid… Holy crap, what a night!

Things are pretty crazy right now in Madrid, I got here at an interesting time… A few days ago I contacted APiñon Fijo, a cycle courier company, for info about events and riders. They told me that they were going to meet on Thursday at 20.00 and to come along, so I went. I had no idea what was in store. When I got there I met so many riders and learned a lot. It was nice to see all cool cats and the bikes they ride. There were folding bikes, road bikes, track bikes, conversions, mountain bikes, cargo bikes and even a tall bike! After meeting everyone at Fixi Dixi, one of the bike shops out here, we all rode to Puerta Del Sol, where there is a massive protest going on. There were so many people! 






 (I need a better camera)
At Puerta Del Sol we met up with even more riders! We all rode he lla deep through the streets of Madrid shouting and making all kinds of noise! We were stopping cars, blowin through reds, yelling at the political party buildings, doing what we can to let people know. later that night we made it back to Puerta Del Sol and kicked it with everyone that was there. I ended up missing my train and stayed the night with all of the other protesters there.

Holy crap, what a night!

The streets are MAD wild and the people are just the same.

I think I’m going to like it here.

~ W.O.B. Spain Chapter

No comments:

Post a Comment